- The ingredients given below will make 6 idlis
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup moong dal (split green gram)
- 1/4 tsp methi seeds (fenugreek) (optional)
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- a pinch of soda bi-carb
- salt to taste
1. Soak the rice, moong dal, and fenugreek seeds in water for 5-6 hours.
2. Grind the soaked ingredients in a mixer and leave the batter aside to ferment for atleast 8 hours or preferably overnight.
3. Thereafter, add the soda bi-carb, carrots, oinions, and salt and mix well.
4. Pour the mixture into greased idil moulds.
5. Steam in a steamer/pressure cooker for a few minutes, till they are done.
Serve hot with green chutney!
“The recipe of greeen chutney is given in the Cucumber Pancake recipe”
Tip: “You can know the idli is done when a toothpick inserted in its center comes out clean”