- 1 cup chopped Green Mango
- 1 cup Split Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder (Jeera)
- 2 Green Chillies (Hari mirch)
- 2 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 2 dry Red Chilly (Saboot Lal Mirch)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Raai / Raee)
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
Wash and cook the dal with the turmeric powder, salt and the sugar in a saute.
Add the mango to the dal.
Add a part of the ginger to the dal along with the cumin powder and the garam masala powder. mix well.
When the dal and the mango is cooked remove from fire.
Heat the ghee in a pan , add the mustard seeds, when they crackle,add the remaining ginger,curry leaves, slit green chillies and the broken red chillies.
Fry for 2 minutes over a low flame and pour over the dal.