- 1 cup rice soaked overnight
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- For filling:
- 3/4 cup dry homemade cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 cardamom seeds crushed
1. To prepare the filling, put all the ingredients for filling in a pan and fry it for 4-5 minutes.
2. Blend water and soaked rice together until paste is very smooth.
3. Put the paste in a deep non-stick pan and keep it medium heat with constant stirring until dough is dry and soft.
4. Take it out, cover it and let it cook.
5. Make 15-16 balls out of the dough.
6. For each ball, put the filling insde and shape it into smooth Manda
7. Tie a cloth over the mouth of a deep pan filled with water (2/3 portion) and heat this on medium-high.
8. Put all Manda on top of the cloth.
9. Cover and steam it for 20-25 minutes until Mandas are cooked properly.