- Fish -250gm(any fresh fish)
- Mustard oil -3tbsp
- Panch fotona -1tsp(cumin,mustard,methi,saunf,kalajeera)
- Garlic -5to6 large cloves
- Whole red chillies - 2to3(according to taste)
- Cuminseeds -1tsp
- Mustard seeds -3tbsp
- Freshly chopped coriander -1tbsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Tamarind -according to taste
- for fish
- Mustard oil -1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder -1tbsp
Odia Fish Curry Cooking Process
Marinate fish pieces in salt and turmeric powder for 30 minutes.then fry it in
mustard oil till golden .
Grind mustard seeds,cumin seeds,whole red chillies and garlic with a lttle water . It should be a fine paste.
Heat mustard oil
Add panch foran and let it cracle(till methi seeds are little brown)
Add the mustard paste. Mix for 1 mintue(dont fry the paste as it will turn bitter).
Add 2 cups of water , turmeric powder,salt ,tamrind and bring to a boil .
Then let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes on slow fire.
Add fish pieces and simmer for 5 minutes
Garnish with chopped coriander before serving.