- 1/2 kg Soft white khoya
- 2-1/2 cups (approx.300gms) sugar powdered
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds semi crushed
- 1 tbsp slivered or crushed pistachios
* Grate khoya with a steel (not iron) grater.Add powdered sugar and mix well.
* Put mixture in a large heavy or nonstick pan.
* Heat first on high for few minutes.
* The on slow till done.
* Make sure to stir continuously, while on heat.
* When mixture thick and gooey, add cardamom.
* Mix well, and take off fire.
* Allow to cool, gently turning occasionally.
* Use cookie moulds, or shape pedas with palms into patty rounds.
* Mix pistachios and cardamom seeds and press a bit on top of each.
* If using moulds, first sprinkle some at bottom.
* Take some mixture and press into mould.
* When set well, invert and carefully, unmould. The pedas are ready to be served.