- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp corn oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water for syrup
- oil or ghee for frying
- Thick paste of 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup flour
1. Put flour, salt, corn oil in a bowl and mix it well and then slowly add water to make stiff ball of dough.
Knead it for 10-15 mts until it’s smooth.
2. Roll the entire dough into a big rectangle and then spread the thick paste smoothly over the rectangle.
3. Roll the dough into a big rope, cut into 1′ size pieces.
4. Take each piece and roll it again into 5-6′ size khaja
5. Heat oil in a deep fry pan, medium-high first.
6. Turn to medium-low once oil is hot.
7. Fry the khajas until it turns pink and drain a paper towel.
8. Heat a fry pan in medium heat and then put some water with sugar until it
becomes a good syrup. Switch off heat when syrup feels slightly sticky.
9. Deep the khaja one at a time and take it out.
Cool the khajas and then serve.