- 1/2 tea spoon of oil (very less amount required)
- 2 tea spoon panch phutan
- 3-4 dry red chillies (whole)
- turmeric powder - to taste
- salt - to taste
- red chilli powder - to taste
- 2 big potatoes - cut into long thin strips
- a piece of yellow pumpkin - cut into small pieces.
Heat oil in a pan and add dry whole red chillies and then phutan. When it starts to splutter, add the potatoes and fry for a minute. Then add the pumpkin pieces.
Stir well and add salt and turmeric and chilli powder.
Cover and cook for 10 mins or until the vegetables are nearly cooked. Then cook without the lid for 2 minutes on high heat. The dish is ready when vegetables are completely cooked.