- ½ kg ridge gourd (Janhi)
- 1 tablespoon Mustard (Sorisha)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves (Rasuna Kola)
- 1 Tomato - Chopped (Kata Tamatar)
- 1 Onion - Chopped (Kata Piaja)
- ½ teaspoon red Chilly powder (Lanka Gunda)
- 1 tablespoon refined oil (Refine tela)
- Salt to taste (Luna)
Wash and peel the outer skin of ridge-gourd. Cut them into small pieces.
Make a masala paste by grinding mustard, cumin seeds and garlic cloves with a little water in a grinder.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry the chopped onion till it becomes golden-brown.
Add the vegetable pieces and stir well. Then add the masala paste and salt to it. Stir well.
Cover the pan with a lid and keep it on low flame.
When about ¾th of the water evaporates switch off the flame and serve hot either with rice or parathas.