- 2 red chillies
- 1 cup Mung Dal
- 1 tin of Jackfruit (non-ripe version)
- 2 raw bananas – chopped into small pieces
- 2 Saru or Arbi – peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 table spoon ghee
- 1 tea spoon cumin seeds2 green chillies
- 2 inch ginger – grated
- 1 tea spoon of dry cumin seeds roasted and powdered
- handful of fresh grated coconut (frozen ones, thawed work fine too)
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Salt to taste
Take a pan and heat it. Add the mung dal and dry roast it until it starts changing color (at very low heat).
Remove from heat and soak the dal for 1 hr.
Take a pan, add the dal and salt and 3 times the water and let it boil for 15 min.
If the dal looks a little bit cooked, add the saru and let it cook for a few minutes.
Then add the chopped raw bananas and the cut raw jack-fruit pieces.
Once everything is cooked, adjust salt to taste.
Take another pan, add the ghee and let it get hot.
Add the chillies and the cumin seeds, bay leaves and the grated ginger
Pour the mixture on the dal.
Add some dry roasted and powdered cumin seeds and fresh grated coconut and mix well in the dal
Now the dalma is prepared and ready to be serve in pitala gina or Banana leaf.