- 1. 1 cup of Toor Dal
- 2. 2 cup of water
- 3. 1 tomato - puree
- 4. 1 table spoon ginger garlic paste
- 5. 1 medium sized onion – chopped
- 6. 1 tea spoon turmeric
- 7. 1 tea spoon chilly powder
- 8. 1 table spoon oil
- 9. mustard and cumin seed
- 10. salt to taste
- 11. Fresh coriander and dry fried cumin seed for garnishing
1.Heat a pan and add oil
2.Then add mustard and cumin seeds and let them splutter
3.Now add the chopped onions and fry till they become golden brown
4.Let’s now add the ginger garlic paste into it and stir fry it for a while. Add a little water to avoid burning.
5.Now add the turmeric powder and chilly powder and fry it until the masala leaves oil.
6.you can add the tomato pure now and stir fry it for 3 minutes
7.Now add the Toor Dal and water and salt and let it boil for 30 minutes.
8.Garnish with finely chopped coriander and dry fried cumin. Your Dal Pasand is ready to eat with rice and chapati.