- * 2 cups peas
- * 2 tablespoons butter
- * 1 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
- * 1 small chopped onion
- * 1 tablespoon flour
- * 1 cup cream
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- * 1 pinch ground cardamom/nutmeg
1. Fill a small kadai with one inch of water. Bring to a boil, add peas, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions, and cook for a few minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in cream, and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg/cardamom. Cook, stirring until smooth and thick. Stir in peas, and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This tastes great with laccha paratha, aloo bharta and chicken!