- Potatoes – 2 medium (300 g), boiled and shredded
- Mixed Vegetables – 2 cups (250 g) – peas, carrots, green beans, corn, etc
- Paneer – 3-4oz (100 g)
- Onions – 1/4 medium (75 g), chopped very fine
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Cilantro (Coriander leaves) – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
- Dried Apricots – 2, chopped finely
- Assorted Nuts – 1 heaping Tbsp (example: walnuts, pine nuts, peanuts, etc)
- Salt – to taste
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Dried Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bread Crumbs – for coating
- Oil – for pan frying
1. Put the Mixed Vegetables in a food processor and pulse them so as to not make a paste.
2. Pour into a bowl.
3. Do the same with the Paneer and pour into a bowl.
4. Into the bowl, add in Potatoes, Onions, Green Chillies, Cilantro, Mixed Nuts and Dried Apricots.
5. Mix gently but well.
6. Add in the dry spices: Salt, Chaat Masala, Dry Mango Powder, Roasted Cumin Powder and Red Chilli Powder.
7. Again mix well but gently.
8. Heat Tawa/skillet and drizzle a little Oil on it.
9. Meanwhile, put the bread crumbs in a plate.
10. Make cutlets to the size desired, roll in the crumbs and coat well with the bread crumbs.
11. Place on the skillet once the oil is hot.
12. Allow the Cutlets to get golden brown on the bottom side.
13. Drizzle a little Oil on the top side of the Cutlets before flipping them over.
14. Allow the other side to get brown as well.
15. Take off the Tawa and serve hot with some chutney or ketchup.
Recipe by : Soma Priyadarshini