- Tindora – approx 1 1/2 lbs, sliced
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asofoetida (Hing) – pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – to taste
- Salt – to taste
1. Heat Oil in a medium non-stick pan on medium heat.
2. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add Cumin Seeds and let them sizzle.
4. Add Asofoetida, Turmeric Powder, Green Chilies and Tindora. Mix well.
5. Add Salt, Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder and Cumin Powder.
6. Mix well, cover and cook until Tindora are tender. Stir every few minutes to cook evenly and prevent burning.
7. When Tindora are tender, uncover and cook for an additional few minutes to lightly brown them.
Be careful when salting Tindora. They tend to shrink and become a little salty and tangy
Recipe by : Soma Priyadarshini