- 11/2 Cup Long Grain (Basmati) Rice
- 1 cup green peas
- 50gms paneer (cut into small cubes and deep fried)
- A small bunch of methi (fenugreek) leaves (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 4-5 flakes of garlic (paste)
- 2-3 green chilies (chopped)
- 1/4th tsp. turmeric powder
- Red chili powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1tbsp oil/butter
Wash methi properly and drain the water and keep aside.
Heat oil in the pan and add garlic paste and fry till light brown.
Now add tomatoes, peas. Methi, green chilies, salt, chili powder and turmeric powder. Stir-fry for 8-10 minutes.
Add rice and fry well for another 5 minutes.
Add enough water and pressure cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
Garnish with fried paneer.
Serve the methi (fenugreek) pulao hot with chilled raita.