- Mushrooms – 8 oz or 1/4 kg (quartered)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon Stick – 1″ pc.
- Turmeric Powder (haldi) – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1, large or /4 kg (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Garlic – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – to taste (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1, large or 1/4 kg (finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chillie Powder – to taste
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (kasturi methi) – 1 tbsp
1. Heat the Oil in a pan on medium heat.
2. Once hot, add in the Bay Leaf, Cloves and Cinnamon Stick.
3. Fry for about 10 seconds.
4. Add in the Turmeric Powder (Haldi) and right after that add in the Onions.
5. Mix well and Salt the Onions to help speed-up the cooking.
6. Allow the Onions to cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add in the Garlic and the Green Chillies and cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Add in the Tomatoes, mix, cover and allow it to cook down for about 10 minutes.
9. Stir inbetween to make sure it does not burn.
10. Add in the Cumin and the Red Chilli Powders and mix well.
11.Add in the Mushrooms, mix and allow them to cook uncovered.
12. Check on the Salt as well.
13. Once the Mushrooms are cooked, gently rub the Fenugreel leaves in your palms and add to the pan.
14. Give it one final mix and it is ready to serve.
15. Serve hot with Rotis, Chapatis or Naans.
1. Mushrooms let a lot of water go once salt has been added. So try and salt the dish right before serving.
2. Use Punjabi Masala and make this dish in 5 minutes
Recipe By : Soma Priyadarshini