- 2 cups thick poha (beaten rice flakes)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 3-4 green chillies, slit
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For garnishing- 2 tbsp chopped coriander adn lemon wedges
1. Place the poha in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. toss well to drain out all excess water and keep aside
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds
3. When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and green chillies and stir for 1 min.
4. Add the onions and saute till the onions turns golden brown.
5. Add the potato, turmeric powder, salt and a little water. Cover and heat on medium flame till the potatoes are cooked.
6. Add the poha, sugar, and a little more salt and mix well.
Serve hot garnished with chopped coriader leaves adn lemon wedges.
“if the poha gets too dry sprinkle a tbsp milk, mix well and serve immediately”