- 3 - Fresh Sweet corn, husked
- 2 medium size - Tomatoes, chopped to small pieces
- 1/2 cup - Red onion, chopped to small pieces
- 1/2 cup - Cooked potato, cut to small pieces
- 1/2 cup - Cucumber, cut to small pieces
- 1/2 cup - Coriander /Cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp - Fresh lime juice
- *Powders for seasoning*
- 2 tsp - Chaat masala powder
- 1 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
1 ) To roast cumin seeds – In a pan on low heat, add cumin seeds and roast. Stirring till the aroma of the roasted cumin comes out and the cumin is well roasted. Take care not to blacken the cumin seeds. Now powder the seeds with a mortar and pestle or in a coffee grinder. You can make more of the roasted cumin powder and store for future use. Can sprinkle on raita and chaats.
2 ) Cook sweet corn on the cob in a pot with enough water. Once cooked, cool then take the kernel off the cob.
3 ) In a salad bowl combine, sweet corn, tomato, onion, potato, cucumber and coriander leaves. It tastes good even without seasoning with the powders. Just add salt to taste and try as a simple salad. Try even with the powders – add roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, chaat masala powder, lime juice and sprinkle some salt to taste.